Another peplum. Ryan asked me what those things were on the sides of my skirt when I put it on for today. I told him they were called peplums. He said they looked like I installed the pockets upside down. Despite the initial review from my darling, I like my skirt. The pattern is Simplicity 1697. The fabric is a cotton in loose (lot of bias shift) basket weave. I purchased it at Yellow Bird Fabric. It takes 1 1/8 yard (though I could have squeaked by with 1 yard I think) of 60” wide. I serged each piece to sparkly poly satin left over from a Halloween costume because they weave left holes big enough to need a lining and I wanted to stabilize the pieces some. I made a size 12 due to my measurements. It couldn’t be any smaller. I think it is a little under a true 12 because of serging the pieces before construction and also the bulk of the fabric. The pattern is easy to follow and cut well for me. The only change I made was to add a small kick pleat in the back because I don’t like slits. Excuse the wrinkled pictures—two hours of sitting through church did nothing for the skirt.