Friday, November 16, 2012

Cream Sister Dresses

I made Lu a similar little girl dress to go with the cream dress I made Bird recently.  It took two tries, but it came out in the end.  The first time I used my serger for all the seaming and I don’t think I’m a very precise sergerist so things didn’t line up as well as I find acceptable.  Determined this had cuteness potential, I went back and got some more rib knit from JAs and tried again.  This time I seamed with my coverlock so I could pin and fiddle more.  So worth the effort.  The first dress became my wash cycle study (machine wash and dry).  It is a darling dress on Lu, cozy, dressy, washes up easily and nicely.  The pattern comes from Ottobre Issue 6/2011, design #3, "Cosy Winter”.  This is another issue I’ve sewn a lot from—packed with goodness.  The body is made from a really nice ponte knit I purchased locally at Yellow Bird Fabrics.

IMG_9991I snapped this picture of the girls in church (I know, not reverent.  It was during prelude music).  As ever, I need better pictures but this is as good as I can do.  IMAG0724

2 comments: